Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Red Chili Enchilada Casserole


I saw this recipe for enchiladas the other day and couldn't get it out of my head. I went to bed thinking about them, and I woke up thinking about them... so I just decided to make them! We had a bag of corn tortillas that have been around awhile (who wants to eat plain corn tortillas?), so I pulled them out and got to work. An hour later, and I was taking a bite of cheesy, not-too-spicy enchilada. Coincidentally, I was the only one home for lunch - they were so good, I called Mom and told her they better get home soon, before I decided to eat the whole pan!


Red Chili Enchilada Casserole

6-8 Corn tortillas, quartered
1/2 chopped onion
1 regular size can of red enchilada sauce
Cheese - um, as much as you want?!!

Oil an 8x8in. pan. Place a thin layer of sauce, then a layer of tortillas, sprinkle with onions and cheese. Keep layering until you use up the tortillas. End with cheese sprinkled on top. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly toasty. I had some leftover rice from dinner before, so I threw that on top too, but if you don't have leftover, serve with rice and chili beans. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment