Saturday, June 22, 2013

Asparagus Stromboli Recipe


I decided to experiment for dinner and made this yummy asparagus stromboli - this was super easy, and could be the springboard for tons of different variations. I think it would be yummy with prosciutto or thin sliced turkey with the asparagus, and everything can be improved with onions, garlic, and peppers! I just didn't happen to have them on hand tonight. 

First off, I followed this recipe for making asparagus a few nights ago:
(From Ella Claire)

We had leftovers, and I didn't want to see them go to waste, so I made up the Fifteen Minute Pizza Crust, and got to work. Roll out the dough to completely cover a cookie sheet, then spread thinly with cream cheese and herbs. Place your asparagus (I had about 1/2 a pound) in the center third of the dough, and then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella or colby jack cheese. Cut the sides of your dough to look like this:

(from kirsten787 on Photobucket)

Fold up, alternating strips to create a braided look, and tuck in the ends. Bake at 425F for 15-20 minutes. Cool, then cut into strips and serve with ranch dressing or spaghetti sauce. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment