Monday, June 3, 2013

Fifteen Minute Pizza Crust


If I had to choose just one food to eat for the rest of my life, it would be pizza. I LOVE IT! The only thing better than ordinary pizza is homemade pizza, and I try to make it fresh for my family as often as I can. I have tried many recipes for pizza crust, from using store bought crust to the ones you have to leave out to rise three hours before making... those don't work for me, because I don't think that far in advance. So, Betty Crocker to the rescue! I have taken her recipe and added a few of my own tweaks to make it even more tasty. This is your basic thin crust, and it's ready in the time it takes to preheat the oven! 

Fifteen Minute Pizza Crust 

Mix together in a medium size bowl:
1 packet yeast (or 2 1/4 tsp. yeast)
1 C warm water

Add in:
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp italian seasoning
2 T oil

Mix briskly 20 times, then set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 425F (I usually turn the oven on when dough is setting, it takes about 5 min to heat up). Pull out a flat pan - I use a stoneware cookie sheet - and lightly coat with butter or cooking spray. Sprinkle a thin layer of cornmeal down (optional) and place dough onto surface. Gently knead and stretch dough over the pan edges, either with hands or roller. Brush with oil and place in oven for 7 minutes. Pull out and top with your favorite toppings - leave room around the edges to keep sauce and cheese from oozing off. Put in oven for about 15 minutes. The last two minutes, to give your pizza a golden glow, turn the broiler on at 500F, but watch the pizza carefully to keep it from burning! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment