Sunday, December 9, 2012

Let It Snow!


This is what I woke up to this morning! Everyone kept saying it was going to miss us and go further north, but for once, the weatherman was right! I think they should get paid based on the accuracy of their predictions... maybe they would guess correctly a little more often?

So, thus, after bundling and trundling out of the house, we drove safely to church, a whole two blocks away. Fortunately, the snowplows hadn't trapped our minivan in the garage - sometimes the drifts are too high against the garage door, and then we walk to church, "holding aloft our petticoats" and feeling very much like the scene from Little Women, walking down the alley. 

This was the view from the window by my seat at church:

Sorry about the screen grid... reminds me of a tablet I once bought! :)

It's been snowing all day, about 8-9 inches. Tomorrow's high is fifteen degrees. Think I'll be spending my day wrapped in my polka-dot dressing gown, reading a book and drinking coffee...

"There is nothing like staying home for real comfort." ~ Jane Austen



No comments:

Post a Comment