Tuesday, December 4, 2012

We're On A Roll!


I had some leftover filling from making No Ordinary Pumpkin Pie, so I got creative... I used the Betty Crocker Bisquick cinnamon roll recipe, rolled out the dough, spread a layer of the filling, and voila, delicious, subtly pumpkin spicy rolls with a light powder sugar glaze. Wow. We had to be very clear on the rule that each person could only have three. I was the cinnamon roll police - "How many did you have? Ok, you can have one more..."

I found this quote today, and it sums up the whole of my satisfaction for cooking:

No one who cooks, cooks alone. Even at her most solitary, a cook in the kitchen is surrounded by generations of cooks past, the advice and menus of cooks present, and the wisdom of cookbook writers.
― Laurie Colwin

No comments:

Post a Comment