Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Tell A Stranger Thank You

I texted a photo of N. & I to a total stranger today. We received some awesome active-wear Columbia jackets from my aunt, and I thought she might like to see a picture of us wearing them. My dad gave me her number & I sent the pic around 10:30 this morning, with this message: "Hi Aunt P! This is T. :) N. & I love our jackets! Thank you so much! The color choices and sizes are perfect :) Please tell Uncle R. and M. hello and Merry Christmas. Hope y'all have a wonderful day!! Everyone sends their love <3 


Christmas dinner on the good china


At 10:30 this evening I received this: Sorry you have the wrong number. Standard reply, but wanting to apologize for disturbing their Christmas with a picture of myself, I wrote back with: Oh alright, I'm sorry! Merry Christmas anyway! I figured that would be the end of it, but a few minutes later I received this sweet reply: Oh it's fine, just want to make sure that Aunt P. gets her thank you. Merry Christmas to you all too! So, to the random person who now has a picture of me in a jacket, thank you for making me smile, and for being so considerate as to make sure that Aunt P. gets thanks where thanks is due.



(This is Lily opening her present)

We are a bunch of lazy old people around here and nobody even got up until 8:30 this morning. It was wonderful. Since we are having our gift exchange on Saturday with J. & A. we just had stockings this morning. Well, I say "just", but Mom always does more than she should. One of my greatest simple joys was discovering the new plaid pajama pants had pockets... I will be wearing them everywhere now.

No, I don't have three legs - we all got a pair


Mom handed me a gift & told me she got me a "tablet"... 
for two seconds I thought it was real *sigh*

How was your Christmas?



No comments:

Post a Comment