Thursday, May 2, 2013

Which activities make you lose track of time? Think About It Thursdays


I don't have to think too much about this one. My first answer is,"Reading!" 

I am terrible at keeping track of how quickly time passes on a normal basis, but once I sit down with a book, I am a goner. I have never had to be forced to read. Ever. My wonderful mother taught me to read at age four, and I am so thankful! I see school kids who grudgingly suffer through book projects or thirty minute reading time, and I feel so bad. Because they have to be forced to read, they miss out on the purpose of reading. Reading is a way to take your mind somewhere it would not be able to go on it's own - it shows you new places, lets you meet new people, and teaches you anything you want to know. If you are a parent - please read to your kids! Ok, off my soapbox... :) 

*Another activity that totally zaps my time (is more of a time waster, really) is Pinterest... but I hate to admit it! I have to be careful not to spend mindless hours scrolling through pages of pins, only to wake from a daze and realize that I have gone yet another day without fulfilling any of my responsibilities! I am determined that there is some sort of hypnotic power in scrolling down a screen - for me, anyway! 

What makes you lose track of the minutes? How do you "zone out" and let the time fly by? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I think it'd be reading for me, too... One minute you sit down, and the next, it's been 4 hours! (Hmmm, is that even mathematically possible? 2 min = 4 hrs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fourth dimension of space/time continuum is bent in the case of reading... It is true for me too!

      Delete