Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Fish Oil & Goat Cheese


I have to tell you something. I started trying to eat healthier on Monday, but I didn't tell you, because I posted that recipe for Nutella cookies and I didn't want to look like a huge hypocrite... So, I'm telling you today because I feel so much better confessing. 

For my sister's wedding last year, I lost 30 pounds over the course of about six months. Then, due to laziness, and a few other uncontrollable circumstances (who plans to get depressed over boys that don't make sense?), I gained back 25 of those pounds. And I feel it. In my back, in my knees, in my pajama pants.


So, I'm taking control again - this time to keep it off for good, despite cookies and heartbreaks. In the next twelve weeks I want to cut back on portions, drink TONS more water, and eat healthier. However, I may post cookie recipes here occasionally. Please don't judge... it's therapeutic. 

I've been taking these fish oil capsules that help stave away my psoriasis, and boy, is it gross when you belch the rest of the day. Not saying that I do, that would be horribly unladylike, but if one did it would be nasty. 

We got some goat cheese from Aldi's on Sunday, and it is super, super good! Normally I shy away from any sort of goaty product, but I really can't quit craving this stuff. It still has a strange aftertaste, but it's more like you are standing fifteen feet away from the goat instead of directly licking the goat (which is what drinking bad goat milk tastes like, fyi). I made the above pita sandwich with turkey, lettuce, and the yummy cheese.

I am considering doing coconut pulling (a cleansing mouth rinse). Has anybody out there tried this? Did you get good results?

1 comment:

  1. I've tried the oil pulling ... once with coconut oil wasn't horrible but it was just strange and I couldn't convince myself that it was all that good of an idea. But, if you can do it, more power to you!
    ~Nikki

    ReplyDelete