Friday, February 8, 2013

Grumpy Pants


Non-ultra joy. That is certainly what I had today - it wasn't ultra joyous at all. Which was really just my attitude, but allow me to blame that on a long walk and no afternoon nap.


Usually when people accuse me of being grumpy, I am simply just being quiet. My "resting face" is a little stern and the general public takes that to mean that I am in a foul mood. More often than not, however, I am simply thinking. Today though, I was grumpy. We went for a walk, which I have gotten out of the habit of, and it made me sore and tired. I didn't get my nap, because we had somewhere to be tonight and there wasn't time. Then, to add insult to injury, this little stinker got out of the living room, went upstairs and made a puddle on the white carpet:


I really wanted to stay home tonight. I felt at odds with the world and all the people in it. To show my defiance, I went (because it was necessary), but I wore my exercise pants, because there was no way I was putting on jeans. And, what do you know, I actually had an good time... even laughed once or twice. 

So, I am going to take off my grumpy pants, get some sleep, and wake up in a happier state of mind tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment