Friday, March 22, 2013

Raising Up Godly Sons

Folks, I am fighting a head cold, so I don't have any funny pictures or stories about my weird life to share. But while I was surfing one of my favorite daily blogs, the woman posted a link to the blog of Ann Voskamp, the author of One Thousand Gifts. I'm not sure how many of you have read her book, but it really is a good read, and has some great insights into finding gratitude in the little gifts God gives. 

This is a post she wrote two days ago. It was an open letter to her son, and one of the most beautiful posts I have ever read. If you haven't read it already, read it here: What Our Sons Need To Know About Manhood. The ending is better than any fairy tale or Hollywood film... it is an ending of hope for every dream that there are still men out there who will take a stand for God, and protect and provide for His daughters, and a charge to raise up our sons to be such men. 

No comments:

Post a Comment