Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome, 2013

Happy New Year, all! We were at a party last night, and I ate way too much - one of my goals for the new year is to start eating better/healthier, and to get back into exercising. Last year I lost twenty pounds and was doing tae bo and yoga, then I let laziness and self-pity get in the way and now I'm out of shape. But I am coming back swinging! After I finish the chocolate cake...

2012 had a lot of changes and choices for me. I did a few stupid things this year, but I wouldn't take a single one back - I learned so much about myself. I think it was the first time I actually realized that I was an adult and I had to handle everything that was thrown at me, because I had to face my own actions and deal with my own fears. I met people who have changed my life, and I let go of people who were keeping me from being who I needed to be. Never, ever, underestimate the impact you have on a person... One comment could be what that person remembers, for the good or ill, for the rest of their life. I thank the people who have kept me going, through heartbreak, through loss, and through illness. Your words carried me through.

 So, here is to a new year - may it be the best yet!


Oh, also!! I have some news to share - N. had a book published! We are all so happy for her! You can purchase and see a sample here. Here is a peek at the cover:
(Can you guess who this is? Hint: it starts with M and ends with E, haha)


No comments:

Post a Comment